Processor compatibility question

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

razor_edge

I recently put a new motherboard in my pc, previously had an xps 710 but now have the xps 720 motherboard. My current processor is a core 2 duo E6600 2.4 ghz 1066 mhz fsb. I'm looking to buy a new and faster processor, i'm currently looking at buying a core 2 duo
E6850 3.0 ghz 1333 mhz fsb. My question is will my motherboard (my new 720 mobo) be capable of running a processor with a 1333 mhz fsb?

Hmm...why not overclock and save yourself a good chunk of money? Unless going from a Pentium to a C2D, I don't think it's worth the money for a couple extra MHz. Besides, Intels are easy to OC!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online