Processor fan Question.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rebel38668

I just bought a Asus P4P800E-Deluxe from Newegg. I am so psyched about recieving it. I just realized that I will need a fan for my P4 Northwood socket 478 2.8Ghz. Does anyone know what pin coonector the Asus mobo has is it 3 or 4 pin. And what is the best fan to buy at a reasonable cost. I have been looking at the Dynatron D29 CPU Cooling Fan/Heatsink - Retail for 7.99 Is this a good one. Here is the link from Newegg: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16835114021

Thanks for all replies!

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I've never seen an actual MB connector with 4 pins, almost all modern MB's have three pin connectors for fans with speed sensing.

Triple6

Rob
Retired Moderator
Actually most new LGA775 socket boards use a 4 pin CPu fan header, but you can still use a 3 pin fan with it. Intel has implemented the fourth wire for Pulse Width modulation.

If you bought a Retail CPU then it comes with a heatsink/fan in the package. But if it doesn't then you need a 3 pin fan.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online