Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Processor Help

613 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  dustyjay 
#1 ·
Hi, im trying to buy a new processor for my computer. I have a GA-EP43-UD3L mother board, and im planning to buy
Intel Core i3 550 Dual Core Processor Clarkdale LGA1156 3.2GHZ Hyperthreading 4MB Cache. My current processor is Premium(R) Dual-Core E5200 2.5GHZ. I was wondering if the Intel Core i3 will work on my motherboard. And Do i need to update my BIOS if it does?
Thanks. Oh, and if u need more information on my pc i can add my Dxdiag if you want.

#2 ·
The i3 will not physically fit your motherboard. Your motherboard has an LGA775 socket.

#3 ·
I see. Thank you for your reply. Then will Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 Dual Core 3.0GHz LGA775 1333MHz FSB 6MB L2 Cache 45nm 65Watt fit on my motherboard? And if it does, do you think it will be good enough for gaming purposes? Everything on my computer passes the recommendations for every game out there except my processor.

#4 ·
According to the CPU support list it will work on your motherboard, as far as gaming? I could not tell you whether it would be good or not as I do not game and am not an Intel Fanboy and only have them in my notebooks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.