1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Processor Upgrade Pentium 2 300 to P2 450

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by NinjaZx1400, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NinjaZx1400

NinjaZx1400 Thread Starter

I have an older pc with a BD100Plus motherboard running a Pentium ll 300 Mhz Processor, 128 mb sdram, and a MAXTOR 20GB hdd,I bought Pll450 to replace the 300 Mhz one, and i was told all i had to do was replace the cpu then enter cmos and set the processor speed to 100x4.5, i did that , and at first my operating system was fine and running but when i checked to make sure it was running at 450 it still said 300 Mhz so i re-started my pc and this time when it came on it said the cpu was 450 Mhz but my operating system wouldn't come up, what i wanted to know is do i need to update the bios on my board or is there something else i am supposed to do? please help!!

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Your boards manual states it is good up to 550 pii/iii so I doubt if a bios update is your problem.

What error messages did you get and what operating system are you running?

3. NinjaZx1400

i have win-98, i never got an error message what happens is when i turn the computer on it gets to the screen where it says verifying DMI pool data, and thats as far as it goes, it just freezes on that screen

4. NinjaZx1400

when it didn't work i put my 300 mhz processor back in and reset cmos and it worked fine

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118072

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice