Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Processor

1K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Steroids 
#1 ·
I am planning on getting a new computer, ONLY ONE MORE MONTH.. And i am having someone i know make the computer, and they dont exactly like intel.. and as thinking of getting a Intel Core Two Duo E6660 2.4... I have heard that the benchemarks ARE AWESOME YA.. but the game play and everyday use isnt so good.. crashes hang time and so on.. anyone else hear of this.. just want to make sure its not his anti intel comming out..

So any clarafication Would BE GREAT

#5 ·
#6 ·
ya i thought that the link he said was a little off but, so i know bench marks smoke the amd, the guy building the comp said that he has seen people with the core two duo, that has had the "stable" problems.. so i waas jw.. seeing if he was bs'in or what not..

#9 ·
I figure I will throw this information below (computer build/price) Far as Intel they are on top right now with AMD supposed to be releasing a new chip first quarter some time putting them back on top. You will see that there are issues on both sides AMD and Intel but more to do with the motherboard chipset then the CPUs themselves. (Somebody here disagrees with me when i say this but "most "issues have been fixed with bios and driver upgrades.
You can visit AMD forums to verify that information. "Not all issues but most have been resolved")

Guide to building a Gaming rig..
People/kids run out and get the biggest and fastest graphic cards they can find. Well the problem with that is they have no ideal they just waisted their money due to the fact their current CPU is not going to allow that graphic card run to its full potential (lowering the performance).

The ideal is to get the BIGGEST CPU possible without really cutting into the graphic card size.
1.Decent motherboard that is a stable board

2.Pack in the biggest and fastest CPU you ca afford. (remember Ghz does not really mean anything anymore its all about how much work the cpu can do in a given time.)

3.Then you need to look at the Video card
rules for best performance
ATI= buy ATI
Nvidia=Buy BFG
(by the way the card I chose for you is a monster and is capable of doing anything you ask it with ease)

4.Ram (very important but is usually the cheapest to upgrade thats why i put it last) (and notice the video card I chose for you has 512Mb of ram that would help you greatly)
You really want no less then 1G but preferably 2G for gaming.
Corsiar
OCZ
Samsung
Crucial
Kingston
(do not mix manufacture or speed or size of ram for best performance, may cause issues with computer as well. you can put 2 different speeds but the system will run at the slowest ram speed. a good rule is to by the exact same sticks)

Follow those steps and you will end up with a great machine.

Tthats why I put such a fast and expensive CPU in the system I priced for you but I still kept you machine under budget
If you want a full system then add these(minus monitor keyboard/mouse)

ntel® Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe Processor 2.4GHz, 1066FSB, LGA775, 4MB Cache Retail ***Free Shipping*** $309.90

Asus P5B-VM G965 Core 2 Extreme/Core 2 Duo/Pentium D/ P4/Celeron D 1066FSB LGA775 DDR2 M-ATX Motherboard w/Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/Serial ATA Retail ***Free Shipping***
533/800/1066FSB, ATA133, 4DDR2 DIMM, 1 PCI Express x16, 1 PCI Express x4, 2PCI, USB 2.0, IEEE 1394, Audio, Gigabit LAN, RAID/SATA $131.99

BFG Tech BFGR7950512GTOCE GeForce 7950GT 512MB GDDR3 PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail $259.99

* APEVIA (ASPIRE) X-CRUISER-BK Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Retail
* COOLMAX CT-450N ATX12V 450W Power Supply - Retail$94.98 (Combo below case picture)

OCZ OCZ26671024ELGEGXT-K 1GB Kit DDR2-667 PC2-5400 Gold Gamer eXtreme XTC Edition Dual Channel Memory Retail ***Free Shipping*** $113.00

Seagate Barracuda 7200.9 ST3808110AS 80GB Serial ATA 7200RPM Hard Drive w/8MB Buffer ***Free Shipping*** $54.99

Sony Q170A-B2 18X Double Layer DVD±RW Drive (Black) ***Free Shipping*** $37.99

NEC 1.44MB 3.5in Internal Floppy Disk Drive (Black) ***Free Shipping*** $14.29

Total $1017.14

#10 ·
thanks a lot, i was thinking a bigger hard drive and more ram.. and a psu...

HD=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16822136003

Ram=http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820145590

Just my ideas
psu- idk.. but everything else LOOKS great thanks a lot!!!/ psu cuz i also have a case.. and i didnt think that was power enough.. sorry to butcher ur info... http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811146029 <--case

#12 ·
If you buy a C2D Processor and a board with an Intel 963, 965 or 975 chipset make absolutely sure that the RAM is compatible. The vast majority of problems with these chipsets and the C2D processor has been RAM incompatability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.