1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

processor

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by frankjohn, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. frankjohn

frankjohn Thread Starter

My next build i am thinking of using the Asus P5E3 Deluxe WiFi-AP .My question is what would be the best 775 intel processor to put into this board?

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

It depends on whether you want to gaming, or home media or business, what do you need it for?

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    ...and your budget. You can spend anywhere from $40 to $1100 on a processor.

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

The first of the 45nm cores should be released next week, and more in January '08. If you're not in a panic to build right now, I would wait since there will be a lot of new processors released.

5. frankjohn

frankjohn Thread Starter

I have found 1 I think that i like ,the Intel Q6600 any comments? As far as price it dousnt matter, I just want to take the plunge on this one anything goes.[want the ultimate]After building it ill let you all know how it preforms. I have been using Intel boards as of late and have been happy ,if there is a Intel board that compares or surpasses the Asus I would go that route.

6. frankjohn

frankjohn Thread Starter

BY the way how much better will the new Intel processors be if I wait?

7. Aussie_Dundee

Aussie_Dundee

If price doesnt matter. Go for a extreme model in that case. They are insane compared to the Q6600. Besides that the Q6600 is quite nice and very OC friendly. But i would take win2kpro's advice and wait until the new CPU's come out. prices may fall and theres nothing worst than wanting the best and finally buying it and by the time it comes in the mail a newer version has come out for hardly anymore money. I allready regret buying the Q6550 2 weeks ago.

the QX6850 extreme is pretty nasty ^^
    Quad core 3.0ghz 8mb cache fsb1333

Blows the E6850 duo core at 3.0ghz out of the water
    and the Q6600 is only just starting to reach any better scores compared to the e6850 when it comes to gaming seeing as there are hardly any games out there that utilize multi core systems. Office programs and background apps are better suited for the Q6600 while the E6850 outperfoms in gaming having a higher fsb. and clock speed.

Read up on the subject and you will find something. Otherwise wait and see what hots the market during the next 2 weeks.

Just an example.

8. frankjohn

frankjohn Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Aussie, I think I will wait on the processor until JAN. The case is going to be a Coolmaster 830 it has a 1000 watt power supply ,the graphic card or cards will be Radeon HD 2900 XT and 2 DVD burners. I have not made a choice on the sound yet. Hard drives will be Seagate {3} of them.

9. Aussie_Dundee

Aussie_Dundee

Couple of questions though

1) why choose the Coolermaster case/psu combo. Check this out
    http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Power_Supply_Unit#Trusted_Power_Supply_Makers
    http://www.tomswiki.com/page/Tiered+PSU+Listings?t=anon

2) Which PSU model is it specifically... Look at the specs of it. not just the advertised total wattage of 1000, Combo packets OFTEN are overrated.

3) why waste money on 2 dvd burners? unless you burn more than you actually can use...

4) why 3 seagate. instead of 1 or 2 larger ones. Consider getting a Raptor 10,000rpm as a system disc. 74gb is more than enough for this. even 32gb is perfect just for the OS.

5) Unless you need GREAT sound for example for music editing. Dj mixing etc. getting a decent Mobo with onboard sound, 7.1 and DTS is just fine in my experience...
    If you need a soundblaster X-Fi extreme/gamer then you need to spend a LOT on the headset or speakers to get the most out of it...

10. frankjohn

frankjohn Thread Starter

2 of the HDS is going for a raid config and a single for storage ect.I can change the case to a Antec with a Thermaltake PS

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650257

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice