Product Activation

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Riempie

My PC worked Fine for quite a while. Now suddenly it not want to boot and I get the following error message :
"A problem is preventing windows from accurately checking the licence for the computer. Error code : 0x8007007e "

I can boot into safemode without problems but I cannot find any problems there.

Did you change anything prior to this occurring? Such as changing drive letters or installing microsoft updates?

Riempie

No Only updated AVG Anti Virus.I uninstalled AVG in safe mode but that still did not help.

Riempie

Thanks for the help but I am still stuck.The update files that I must load won't work in safe mode and currently I can only boot into safe mode.
when I try to run a scan for the system files I get the following message in the command prompt box :"Windows could not initiate a scan of protected system files. The specific error code is 0x000006ba (the RPC server is unavailable)

Hmmmm...at this stage, I'd bite the bullet and do a re-install of Windows (not a clean install, just an install over your current Windows). That may or may not fix things.

However, before being as drastic as I would be, wait to see if anyone else comes up with something.

Has the XP been activated with MS? How up to date is the XP with update patches? The problem seems to be regular with users avoding the updates or have got the updates but not been activated.

Riempie

Thanks ,I did a re-install over the current windows and I am able to boot again.Will check everything now that I can work in normal mode again.
Thanks for all the help

Riempie

Actually you can just "repair" it without a re-intallation. Remember this post if you you hit the same problem again.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online