1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Product Key Word 2k

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by cloudstar, Sep 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cloudstar

cloudstar Thread Starter

NEED HELP HAVE TO RE INSTALL WORD 2K ON WINDOWS 2K CAN ONLY READ 20 DIGITS OF PRODUCT KEY AND HAVE TO HAVE 25.I HAVE MS WORKS 97 BUT IT WON'T INSTALL ON THIS SYSTEM.ANY HELP PLEASE'''

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    If you registered the product, then you should be able to call MS to get the correct number.

If you've previously installed it, there are some people who (I think) know how to get the information out of the registry.

Let us know the status.

3. cloudstar

cloudstar Thread Starter

the man that built my pc took care of all that and is no longer around but i am going to call monday to see if he registered it.thank you

4. putasolution

putasolution

If you have yet to uninstall and Office is still on your system, download and run Aida 32 personal Edition

Click Software | Licences in the left pane
    In the Right pane, you should see Office and the 25 alphanumeric cd-key

5. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

Putasolution:

I think Aida32 only gives the Product I.D# for OFFICE.... but not the product key code. It does give the key code for WINDOWS.

I know my 25 CD Key code for Office2000 and have not been able to find it in the registry or elsewhere.

If you are finding it - let me know. Perhaps there is a newer version of AIDA than mine that is able to or I am going the wrong way.

-Castleheart :cool:

6. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Ha Ha...I'm just kidding.... that would be illegal :p

Rollin

Thus the reason for editing your post ;)

7. putasolution

putasolution

It's the older version of the Enterprise edition

8. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

Putasolution,

I am surely missing my mind at this time.

You were right - my version was 3.75 of the Enterprise variety. But... the downloaded 3.8PE is changed and has no Licenses under software. I've looked about to no avail.

Before I download the 3.75PE version - could you see what version you have that apparently works in this regard.

much thanks,

- Castleheart

9. putasolution

putasolution

Enterprise edition 3.8

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

10. cloudstar

cloudstar Thread Starter

ms was no help apparently the man that built my pc didn't register the software or at least not in my name.any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated since i need this program for my home business.

11. cloudstar

cloudstar Thread Starter

I BOUGHT WORD 2K AND REINSTALLED SO I AM UP AND RUNNING AGAIN BUT I AM WONDERING WHY ALL THE PROGRAMS EVERYONE HAS SUGGESTED TO READ SYSTEM FILES SHOWS A 20 DIGIT NUMBER FOR WORD 2K AND IT IS NO WHERE NEAR THE PRODUCT NUMBER?

12. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

I believe it is because of what I said in reply #5 above - it is giving the Product I.D# and not the C.D. KEY CODE.

- C

It's a Bill Gate's thang!

13. cloudstar

cloudstar Thread Starter

IS THERE ANY PROGRAM THAT GIVES THE CD KEY AND IS WORD 2K THE ONLY PROGRAM THAT REPORTS THIS WAY?

14. CastleHeart

CastleHeart

15. Cookies

Cookies

Forgive me; wrong post :(

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166260

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice