1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Producy Key

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by cytone, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cytone

cytone Thread Starter

Ok can someone plaese help with this, the Product key I purchased from ebay was a genuine version, I checked with Microsoft but when I put the key in it said invalid:confused:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Sounds like you got ripped off. The product key was probably already used by someone. Better see if you can get your money back.

3. cytone

cytone Thread Starter

No the key is genuine I check with Microsoft the key had not been used.

4. Elvandil

Elvandil

It's not valid if it doesn't work.

Who did you speak with from Microsoft?

5. cytone

cytone Thread Starter

I rang Microsoft because I tryed key first and it said invalid, so I rang them to see if the key had been used and they said it had not been used.

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

I'm sorry, but you should talk with Microsoft about what happened and the person that sold it to you.

7. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    When you purchase any operating system like xp, vista, or windows 7 you are supposed to have a disk and a COA sticker in a package that has never been opened.Buying just the the COA sticker with the key on it doesnt sound like a very good idea.Even if its never been used thats not the way to go about it i wouldnt think.If microsoft says its never been used then the only other thing is that you have typed in a letter wrong. A b can look like an 8. A 0 can look like an O.As was stated above you need to get this sorted out with microsoft.Ive seen ads on ebay where people sell bags of nothing but COA stickers. Personally i would never buy them because you just never know.

8. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

The post doesn't make any sense. You called Microsoft, and they said the key was valid and had never been used before. Then why didn't you ask them to activate it??!?

9. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    Also, are you using the SAME version that the keycode is for?

10. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    My thought exactly. :eek:

--------------------------------------------------------

11. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Buying an operating system CD on eBay is quite risky, if you ask me. We see a lot of people getting swindled with pirated or non-genuine software.

12. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    Somethings not adding up here and i dont think we are getting the complete story.If the key was valid and never used i would think microsoft would of asked him if he wanted to proceed with the activation process and go from there.

13. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Yep.

--------------------------------------------------------

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1028367

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice