1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Profession CD Catalog? Possible?

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by kevincao, Oct 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kevincao

kevincao Thread Starter

Hey guys, I was wondering if there's a program out there that will allow me to make a CD catalog. Like to sell certain things. I need it to auto-run off a CD and have the items, store name, etc. to show up. Any ideas what program will do this? I was thinking powerpoint, but what if all of my consumers don't have powerpoint? Any suggestions would help. Thanks

2. prunejuice

prunejuice

Uhhh... something like e-movix or geexbox (?) ...darn....I can't remember the name, but it's a Linux based distro that will boot into playing a video presentation will minimal/no configuration.

3. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    using powerpoint you can make discs that will run on systems with out powerpoint installed. Check out the help files in powerpoint to find out how. It is late and my memory fails me at the moment.

4. kath100

kath100

5. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    is this the one that makes stand alone Powerpoint files?

6. lister

lister

You still need to have Powerpoint installed to make the presentation; the powerpoint viewer merely allows you to 'Pack' the presentation with the viewer so those who don't have Powerpoint (or the viewer installed) installed will be able to view it.
    The viewer is also on the MS Office Install CD - The option to install the viewer is on the custom install option in MS Office, which is disabled by default.

7. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    I have Office XP and installed it to run everything from my computer. I just couldnt think of the name of the menu item to create it. It is indeed PACK and GO. in the main menu

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/410441

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice