1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Profile corrupted, can I save this?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by TheNazgul, Feb 1, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheNazgul

TheNazgul Thread Starter

Hey there, I've been having this problem with my OS and I'm not sure what to do. Maybe you guys can help. Basically, I've lost access to all of my docs, music, and items on desktop. I have a duel-boot with Vista and Windows 8. I primarily use Windows 8 which is on an SSD and I just have the other hard drive for storage but it has Vista on it. One day I was there cleaning up and deleting programs. I then restarted my computer but now I can no longer get back into my Vista boot. I have no idea why this has happened. Here is what I get when I try to boot to Vista:

get-attachment.aspx.jpeg

So I insert the disk and try to recover. The recovery tool seems to work and it finds an error but it creates or replaces my Vista boot with one called “Windows Vista Home Premium (recovered)”. I can boot to that but it is not on my profile, I get a notification in my task bar that says “Your profile was not loaded correctly!”

Untitled.jpg

All my program files are still there but I have no desktop, no pictures, no music, no docs. Basically everything in my Users\”Name” files is gone. But I don't think it's truly gone because I didn't lose any space on my hard drive. So what should I do? Is there any way to recover my profile and files or am I screwed? Any ideas are appreciated!

2. AussieViper

AussieViper

On my second lap top I was having system problems, I contacted the Lap Top Manufacture Tech Support. He suggested I run from the COMMAND Prompt the SFC /SCANNOW scan, It will repair corrupted system files etc., that did the trick and it is running normal again.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!