1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Discussion in 'Site Help, Feedback, & Announcements' started by scutch2222, Apr 1, 2004.

Advertisement
  1. scutch2222

scutch2222 Thread Starter

just a quick quistion ...i was wondering why my profile would say 99. whatever % tech instead of a 100% ... just a ? ...any feed back please

2. Lurker1

Lurker1

Reviews, site comments, and Random Discussion in which you have posted arn't considered tech areas. Oops looks like with your last post here you lost a few more percentage points :eek:
    :D

3. THoey

THoey

That brings up a question. Shouldn't that percentage be based on all posts less those in JUST Random? It is not a big deal, but you shouldn't drop percentage cause you post a site comment or question.

4. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Percentages to me mean absolutely zip ..... you can read through a members response to other questions to determine what suggestion you should follow . I don`t believe there are too many who strive for a 100% tech rating .

5. Rockn

Rockn

Games aren't considered technical either I don't believe.

6. THoey

THoey

I know that 700 and we have all debated that to death. Try to stay on our topic... ;)

And Rockn, I understand where Games might not be 100% technical, but I would think that a lot of the threads there ARE technical as in "How do I get this game to work with my piece of junk PC?" I don't frequent that forum unless I have a problem, so I might be wrong and they are asking how to play or talking about a new game.

I was just asking why a suggestion in this forum that solves technical issues on this site would subtract from one's technical percentage.

Then again, as 700 said, I too ignore the percentages and go with the quality of posts, not the quantity...

7. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    FYI, when we switch over to vb3 (this weekend, maybe?!), the tech percentage will be gone. Eventually, I might put a tech/non-tech post count in, but not immediately.

8. THoey

THoey

Cool... Like I said, I never use it any ways. Scutch2222 just brought up an interesting question.

9. dannyboyfx

dannyboyfx

will post count be gone, or just the percentage.

10. TechGuy

TechGuy Administrator

First Name:
    Mike
    Just the percent. For now we'll just be back to the normal post count. Eventually, I'd like to have two post counts: tech and non-tech, but I'm not going to address which forums will be which at this point. :)

11. oldie

oldie

Oldies two penny's worth. I say Random is far too technical for many :D

And all contributors to Random should receive air miles :D

Ciao ciao - Oldie

12. Rockn

Rockn

I say drop the post count all together because Thoey's undies are in a bunch..:) Instead we should have smilies with people that only post in random with the most extreme sad faced smilie you can find up to exstatic for 100% technical posters. Games are 0% technical as the only questions asked are "why doesn't my game work".

13. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

piss-off THoey ...;)

14. Rockn

Rockn

Did you move again 700??

15. 700mb80min

700mb80min Banned

Here in Canada , welfare makes you move once a month .....;)

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/216507

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice