1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Profram OS conversion

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by flytape8490, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. flytape8490

flytape8490 Thread Starter

Dear thread responder:

I am a 13 year old kid that made a program on a Windows Millennium Edition. I tried to send it to my friends who have a different OS and when opened, they get and error that says, ERROR!: THIS PROGRAM IS NOT COMPATIBLE WITH THIS COMPUTER!. It does show the loading pic tho. So i was wondering if there is some way to change the required OS (or expand the OS range) So my friends that have a XP or 95, 98, or 2000 can use it. And can i change the system all together so that it could run on a mac? I really want to sell this and make money, so this is a vital step. Thnx,
    Flytape8490
    Founder of Codeboy.o-f.com
    P.S. I have attached the . Remember, You MUST have windows ME to run it.demo[​IMG]

2. mobo

mobo

Windows will not run on a mac. Period !

3. flytape8490

thnx, but is there a way to convert the os?

4. mobo

mobo

No..A mac cannot run a pc operating system at all...And a conversion is not an option

5. flytape8490

I made a program on a ME and I want to run it on a different system (95,98,200,XP) But it wont work cuz it isnt compatable with that system. I want to know how to convert it to be a unaversal opperator. So it will run on another Windows OS.

6. flytape8490

7. mobo

mobo

What you need to look for is a program that will install on the mac that will allow the programs to run. There is such a program but I don't know its name...

8. flytape8490

Thats not what i am asking

9. mobo

mobo

then try posting in the dos/mac/pda forum..

10. flytape8490

I mean, say you made a program that works on a Windows ME PC. But your friend has a XP. The program wont work cuz it isnt on a WIndows ME PC, because it needs to run on a ME cuz thats what it was made on.
    I need to know how to make it work on a Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, AND XP.
    The reason I want to do this is so i can make money off the program by makeing it able to run on all Windows PCs, so it wont be limited to just ME.

11. flytape8490

12. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Your link doesn't work. This does: http://www.codeboy.o-f.com/dwnld.html HackySack.zip

The Game works under XP Pro, I'll try in under WinMe in a second.
    What language was the program written in?

You can run Windows programs on MAC's too, but you need a PC/Windows emulator. Don't worry about this part, must programs are programmed seperately for PC's and MAC's.

13. flytape8490

kk. but i really dont understand what you mean. Im kinda thick when it comes to the actual technical crap with a computer.

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!