1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Program association

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by tootsiekim, Nov 15, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tootsiekim

tootsiekim Thread Starter

I am getting the message "file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action" create an association with it in my computer. This is an insurance quote and the number attached to it is: 11.05.01 wks. Could someone tell me how I can open it? I have Windows 98 SE operating system. Am I missing a file that I need or can I access it some other way. Would appreciate any help. Y'all have been a great help to me in the past.

[email protected]

2. SavvyLady

SavvyLady

Try to "save as" 11.05.01 wks..txt see if it will open as a text file. then if you must try something else do this , click & hilight
    the file... then right click & go to "save as"... when that window opens go to notepad & click it.... or wordpad.

You should be able to open it now..... oh by the way... the box should have a check in it so it will always open as a text or doc files.

Savvy :)

Hope that helped

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

Tootsie
    If assigning a .txt (text) extension does not work read on.
    The .wks extension is a Microsoft works 2000 spread sheet file designation and it can be opened in MS office 97 if Office 97 has the file converter. If you have Office 2000 you should be able to associate the .wks to it since Office 2000 supports .wks. Office 97 and 2000 normal file designation for excel is .xls. If not the converters will also work.
    If you have office 97 without the converters go Here
    to aquire them.

Dave

4. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    Davey, you done good.

I concur.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/58612

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice