Program Error Stack Overflow

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

toolman63

I am running Windows 95 system 233 with Plug / Play. I just recently installed a new HP printer which must have changed settings.
I had a Epson Printer with a Umax Parallel port scanner which I could scan a page and copy direct to the printer to be printed. After installing the new software from the printer. I now get the following message in a White box. Program Error Stack Overflow.
I contacted HP and got a surprise in that they did admit that a change could have happen, but no help on fixing the change.

I have ran the software test program that came with the scanner and it works fine according to the test, but will not send the scanned page to the printer.

Thanks for the help.

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Hi toolman63, welcome to TSG.....

Did you tell HP that you were running 95?

Let's take a look at this:

Start button, run, then type sysedit and hit ok.....

Post the information from your config.sys tab and your autoexec.bat tab.

toolman63

I hope that I have this correct:

Config.sys
REM To make a DOS Boot Diskette: See the file C: DOSBOOT\DOSBOOT

(common)
dos= hihg.umb
buffers=40
device=C:\windows\himem.sys/testmem:eek:ff
device=C:\windows\EMM386.EXE

rem The below DOS CD ROM driver is nor required to run Windows 95
rem DEVICEHIGH=C:\cdrom\FDATA.SYS/D:IDECD000/C:170,15,376

Autoexec.bat

@C:\Probra~1\Norton~1\NAVDX.EXE/Startup
@echo off

REM To make a DOS Boot Diskette; See the file C:\DOSBOOT\DOSBOO.TXT

path C:\Windows:C:\Windows\Command
set BLASTER=A220 15D 1 T2
set SNDSCAPE=C:\Windows

Thanks for your reply

~Candy~

Retired Administrator
Let's try to add this to the config.sys file:

STACKS=64,512
FILES=60

right under dos=high.umb

Then give it another shot.

This won't correct you problem. But you can use it until you do correct the problem. www.nico2000.com has a small free/shareware program that that will scan then print, with 2 or 3 clicks of the mouse. Works great and is very convenient.

toolman63

First thanks so much to you both.

AcaCandy,
I tried your info and was still getting the same program error stack overflow.

I then decided to try the site that pfoerste suggested. And for the first time in over 4 months I saw my scanner do what it was doing before I installed the software that came with the new printer.

I don't know what happen, but I think it may work better than before. I am going to play with it a while and may end up getting the paid version.

Thanks again to you both.
Toolman63

Yea it is a nice program, and $15 is about as cheap as you can get anything. And it works, that's more than I can say for some of the $85 "name brand" programs I have purchased. If you have problems or any question, you get an e-mail back the next day.

Good Luck.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online