1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

program.exe

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by MikeFL, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeFL

MikeFL Thread Starter

hello, I have a ? I hooked up my cam to view my pics and I get this message> can not locate program.exe.... I can't view my pics.... I don't know if I deleted the program.exe file or not..? I'm using windows 98...How can I replace it? thanx

2. RSM123

RSM123

Was just reading this thread from another forum reporting the same error :

http://www.computing.net/windows95/wwwboard/forum/5579.html

Below is a copy / paste of one reply to the person with the error. It seems you may need to restore file association as outlined :

The solution that you are looking for is not the same as the problem you are reporting. To resolve this "Unable to Locate Program.exe" you should try to simply Re-Associate the file with a different program. For example. Let's say that whenever you open a .jpg document, you get that error. Just go into Windows Explorer>> Folder Options>>File Types, and edit the registered file type that is associated with JPG. Obviously, Windows is being told to use program.exe to open JPG files. Just tell Windows to use a different program such as Internet Explorer, or Download some shareware program such as LView Pro, and use that. Forget about Program.exe altogether. It's throwing off your concentration. One more point of advice. DON'T ERASE EXE FILES TO SAVE SPACE! EXE files are probably amongst the smallest files on your drive. Larger files that will clear space might include installed games, picture libraries, or collections of sounds, or movies. Hope this helps... END.

If no use please post back in this thread

3. MikeFL

MikeFL Thread Starter

I did the above and I'm still having a problem viewing the pics...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167812

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice