1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Program Files\Common, helper.dll on restart, slowness

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by kody1234, Nov 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kody1234

kody1234 Thread Starter

here is my problem. I read through other posts about this...but I figured every case is a bit different and I shouldn't follow other posts cause they were all a bit different.

I'm writing about our computer at the store I work at. We use it for our register and the past couple of days it has been very slow and on start up an Explorer window pops up and it's Program Files\Common and it has 4 icons helper.dll, _helper.dll, helper.sig and _helper.sig. I've run AdAware and deleted cookies and temp internet files and that doesn't seem to help. I've also just finished running Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and after restart after that finished the helper.dll and helper.sig icons were gone but the _helper.dll and _helper.sig were still there and it is still running slow. I've attached my Malwarebytes Log. This computer is a Gateway desktop running Windows XP. We have McAfee installed but I believe the subscription is ended so as soon as I get this figured out I'm going to have my boss set up a comcast email address to get the free subscription.

Any help would be great!!!! Thank you so much!

attached here is my HJT Log and my Malwarebytes log

Attached Files:

2. kody1234

kody1234 Thread Starter

any help please...I know you're all busy, but I really don't want this to just go further and further without getting helped...it's been viewed 42 times already

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/771970

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice