1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Program hanging on startup

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jperryneal, Dec 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jperryneal

jperryneal Thread Starter

I installed a program on my new laptop(win XP), and did an uninstall, but it was a bad uninstall.
    I have used this program in Win 98, and had no uninstall problem, but cannot say the say the same with XP.

I have used utilities like Startup Cop to solve these problems in the past, but cannot find something comparable for XP. And I am not familiar enough with XP in order to delete the entry manually.

The laptop will bootup, but the program keeps trying to access online for some reason, and has a little nagging window that keeps popping up.

Program is"Atomic Clock Sync"

Thanks in advance.

2. brianF

brianF

try reinstalling it, then uninstalling it again
    the current version says xp support
    http://www.worldtimeserver.com/atomic-clock/

check your startup group for the shortcut to start the program, delete it if it's there

3. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Start -> RUN -> MSCONFIG -> Startup and uncheck the program thats causing the problem.

Also XP has a built-in time sync feature.

4. polak

polak

Not sure if I read your post correctly that you didn't think Startup Cop could be used on XP. If that's what you meant, Startup Cop can be used on XP.

Just scroll down the page to Startup Cop on the PC Magazine site and you'll find it's compatible with XP. Unfortunately it's no longer free.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,4149,1159817,00.asp

5. jperryneal

jperryneal Thread Starter

Went ahead and paid the $9.95 for the 30-day, 3 download pass to get Startup cop. The interface is no longer an easy walkthrough like the original version, but the documentation takes only a few minutes to read. This prog will do the trick!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/190351

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice