Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

program loading/unloading problem

868 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  eddie5659 
#1 ·
I use autoroute express 2000GB on my pc which has windows 98
now when I try to load the the program using the original discI receive the following message. unable to register or unregister the fileGEODB70.dll.
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it will not do either
please help

bob woods

#2 ·
Hiya and Welcome

I assume this is an original, and not a pirate.

Most of the searches on the web keep coming up with stuff happening when a printer is installed, but then it was a different error. btw, I'm assuming it was file GEODB70.dll, not fileGEODB70.dll.

I have, maybe, one answer.

Uninstall through AddRemove as normal. After, search for itss.dll and rename it. Call it itss.old and remember the location of where it is.
After you have renamed it, reinstall the program. Does this work? The itss.dll will be back again, as will the itss.old, in the same place. If it didn't work, or you only have the itss.old and it dosen't work, then rename it back to itss.dll.

Found this here:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=a...hl=en&rnum=1&selm=7q3801$hde$1@nnrp1.deja.com

btw, did you do a search on your system for GEODB70.dll?

Regards

eddie

#4 ·
Hiya

If you've found it we can try something else. Go to GEODB70.dll and rename it to GEODB70.old. Uninstall the program, then reinstall it. this should, in theory, replace the GEODB70.dll with a new one. If this allows the program to work, you can remove the GEODB70.old later.

Regards

eddie

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.