1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Program Opens when 'A' key is pressed

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Magician595, Jan 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Magician595

Magician595 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I work in a school environment and have come across an intermittent, non-user specific and non-machine specific issue.

Sometimes when people log on and start typing it will open up a piece of software, and always the same one and the same 'A' key on the keyboard.

It is not a huge problem, you can minimise the program and it wont keep opening up, or you can log off and back on again to cure the problem.

I am just curious if anyone has seen this before, or maybe has an idea how we can prevent this. I have search many forums for similar problems people have experienced, but never found anything helpful.

Many thanks,

James

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

Which W7? 32 or 64 bit? Which SP? Do the specs listed in your profile apply to the computer [ s ] in discussion?

ONLY the "A" key? Upper case or lower case? Both?

edit:
    Do you mean that after logging off, the user can tap whichever key it is and the problem will not re-occur until a reboot?

end edit

Try Last Known Good Config; then try safe mode.

Please report the results.

RF123

3. rainforest123

rainforest123

Were the computers configured using an image [ W7 & programs installed ]? If so, this might be a hotkey issue.

You can search for Windows 7 & hotkeys as well as I can search for that.
    No offense intended.

RF123

4. Magician595

Magician595 Thread Starter

My apologies for lack of information to begin with.

All are win7 32bit on a domain with full updates on the machines. (I can obtain specific imformation soon) No the specs on my profile do not apply as we have around 300 computers on site and 4 varying types and specs and it happens on all of them.

It is only the 'a' key but is not specific to upper or lower case. It is not specific to typing in anything, you can be on the internet, in word or on the desktop and it happens all the same.

On a reboot/re-logon it solves the problem and may not happen for another few days, and even them may be on a different computer type.

Could it be something to do with the imaging process? We use the Windows Distribution System.

Let me know if more info is required.

5. rainforest123

rainforest123

Data from Tech Guy's system info utility.

If an image was used, that explains why it occurs on every computer.

Since you have not provided the program's identity, I suggest that you contact the program's support section. No offense is intended. THEY are the experts for their program.

I have never encountered the phenomenon that you describe, but I use a limited # of programs, and I do not use U.K. software.

RF123

6. rainforest123

rainforest123

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087215

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice