1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

program request

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by timothye, Aug 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. timothye

timothye Thread Starter

HI .
    i wold like to know if anyone knows of a free program that captures the screen and saves to jpg. png or whatever .. what i am looking for is a multiplule screenshot capture program , not just the prt/scr button and paste in pain ..
    cheers . MGT ..

2. stantley

stantley

There are many of them. The one I like is ScreenPrint32 (freeware). Here's the description:

ScreenPrint32 allows you to print and/or capture to disk or clipboard, the full desktop, active window, predefined area, or user selected area of the screen. Add user defined headers and footers with date and time stamps etc, resize the printed image, convert to greyscale or negative image, fade or resize the image to reduce toner/ink usage, print by default to any available printer. It can be set up to be completely transparent to the end user.
    Capture a screen area and paste directly into your documents. Easily configured with user specific or global settings which are persistent after reboot.
    Images may be saved to a user selected folder in either GIF, BMP, JPG or PNG formats with user configurable file naming.

3. timothye

timothye Thread Starter

thanks stanley ...
    that is what i needed .. just press the prt key and get image after image in your choice of format / jpg , png ect ..
    BUT .. i was wondering if someone else knows of a similar program that dodesnt take so long to process the the screenshot . or maybe stanley you knwo of anotherone .
    thanks amillion
    cheers MGT

4. stantley

stantley

I'm not sure why it's taking you a long time to process. I just tried a few and it takes at the most 1 second to save a jpg file. How long is it taking you?

5. 1ets

1ets

6. timothye

timothye Thread Starter

@ 1ets .. captirewinz sounds good , but i wont shel out 20 USD for a program of this nature , if you know what i mean , i would rather save my 20$ and prt/scr paste in paint the image ..
    @stanley .. not sure a couple (2) of seconds it is taking to process the image .. im not master , but shouldnt there be 1 faster ? , anyhow this is working fine for now .
    Thanks again stanley .
    :)

7. stantley

stantley

Well, I'm not sure why you need something faster than 1 second. Maybe for what you're doing you need to record a video of your desktop. If that's the case, try VidShot Capturer which will record a video of your desktop or a window.

8. thecoalman

thecoalman

Try Camstudio: http://www.camstudio.org/

It's free and captures the screen to video. You can then load the video into something like virtualdub http://www.virtualdub.org/ , also free, and output each frame as an image. Make sure to adjust the amount of frames that Camstudio captures because you'll end up with a lot of them if you don't.

9. timothye

timothye Thread Starter

AGAIN . thanks stanley .. ill stick with what you suggested :)

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/489328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice