1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Program running but not opening or showing in taskbar!

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by clairemarie84, Oct 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. clairemarie84

clairemarie84 Thread Starter

Hi! I have an issue that seems to happen only with one particular program and I can't figure out how to fix it. When I run it, nothing happens on screen. In the Task Manager it shows that it's running as a background process rather than an App which is how it usually displays, and I can still hear sounds from the program so it's definitely there... I just don't see it on my screen and there's no icon in the taskbar. It's not offscreen and I have fully updated my drivers and the program itself and rebooted my PC. I'm out of ideas! Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Hi clairemarie84, and welcome to TSG.

It might help someone here to help you if you told us the name of the program and any related version number. How are you confirming it is not running off screen?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1217335

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice