Program That Can Take A Snapshot From Video

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DennisF

Can you recommend a software program that will allow me to take a high quality snapshot ("still") from a video, and be able to save it as a jpeg? I tried a couple of trial programs. One allowed you to save the snapshot in the project only, and the other only allowed a small snapshot that was not big enough for my taste . I checked, and this was all the program allowed, trial or actual version. Thanks Dennis

HypersnapDX is the usual recommendation. But if you disable all DirectX accelerations with the slider in your display options, you can then use any screenshot program or method.

There are also quite a few players that have built-in snapshot ability. Take a look at your player's options to see.

VLC Player has that ability , though it may save the snapshot as a .bmp . I cant recall and dont have it installed on this PC to check .

Image Grabber II does that for mpeg I and mpeg II videos. It allows you to set how large the stills should be before saving them. Of course, if the video itself is not high resolution, then saving stills in high resolution won't imporve the quality though.

fairnooks

Banned
If the GOM player can play it, there's an advanced capture mode (single capture works fine as well) that can be used to capture a sequence of stills (up to 999 in burst mode) at the interval of choice.

In any program you use its best not to capture to .jpg directly though. GOM offers .bmp and VLC offers .png. Use those higher quality captures and then convert the one(s) of choice to .jpg at a higher quality than the preset in most direct capture programs will.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online