program to use for copy of CD with no-file-extension files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sailormoon21

I have a DVD with a video clip file which lacks file extensions, the file has certainly been copied fully and without errors, I believe the only problem is the name but I don't have a backup of that on my computer so I'm stuck. I need to copy this file from my DVD to my computer but it says that "it cannot read from file or source disk". Is there a program which bypasses the fact that my video clip has no file extension will copy it to my pc just the same?

daz1

Banned
try instead of clicking on the file on the dvd drag it off the dvd onto desktop,sometimes a comp will not read whats on a disc untill the comp "owns" it by putting it onto its hard disc,and or try right click copy then right click paste to another place or empty file

sailormoon21

drag and drop doesn't work, right click doesn't work either, so unless I have a special program to do it for me I doubt I'll manage to solve my problem

EDIT: I'm trying with Alcohol 120% at the moment, probably will work

sailormoon21

ok sailormoon21, here's your answer. Use Alcohol 120% to make an mdf/iso image file to your computer, then use ISOpen to open up your mdf image and save the single files to your comoputer, rename the files by adding .avi at the end of your filename and you're ready to view your file

sailormoon21

thank you sailormoon21, thank you so much!! I'm so glad you were around to solve my problem!! I owe you a favour... guess what? I'm the emperor of Persia and I'll give you my harem in return!!!! Oh guys, ,see what you've missed? you never know whom you're helping!

Squashman

Trusted Advisor
I would say the Majority of people on the TechGuy forums live in the Western Hemisphere so we all were not awake to give you the answer you figured out. I would have told you to do the same thing. Probably with different utilities, but would have gotten you the same result.

Talking to yourself just makes you look crazy.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online