1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Program Wanted For Magnification

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by doogdoog, Jan 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha,
    Is there a software that can be used to zoom in on distant objects? Example, I am looking at a picture and I can see the person in front ok but there is an object in the distance that is very hard to make out. If I try to magnify it, it becomes very distorted, like the little pixles become big and nothing is recognizable. Sometimes I want to magnify very small printing and the same thing happens. Any suggestions on software or how to do it someother way? TIA

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

2. xgerryx

xgerryx

Any photo edit program should have a magnify tool of some sort but what you see is always limited to the resolution of the file you are trying to view.
    You might be then able to enhance the file a little with contrast and sharpening but basically what you see is what you get.

3. NightLord

NightLord

4. 911

I have had a little luck using IrfanView to increase the pixel-count (DPI) and enlarging the image as big as possible. In the end, though, it cannot create detail that is not already there.

5. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Hey You AN TWERP!!!!
    Don't know what your problem is but it sure makes you look like AN TWERP!! Now I know why you go by the name "NIGHTLORD", can't show your face during the day.I tried photo softwares and it didn't work out for me so I wanted to know if anyone knew of a good software that they are using. Thanks xgerrx for the reply.

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

6. lister

lister

7. doogdoog

doogdoog Thread Starter

Aloha,
    Searched the web looking at and downloading a couple of freeware software and came across this one. It is a very simple program and it works ok for a simple program so I included a link if you want to try it. It is called Inzomia Viewer and the version is ver 1.60. TIA
    Oh,Oh, looks like the link that I put in didn't post so I'll type it in.
    link: http://www.inzomia.com/products.php?page=products
    Scroll down and It is the second to the last.

Mahalo,
    doogdoog

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/436057

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice