1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Program Windows Size Reduced after PC idle and screensaver

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by KKLC, Nov 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KKLC

KKLC Thread Starter

I recently experienced a weird issue with my programs' window size shrinking/reducing automatically when i leave the computer idle or waking up from screensaver. My PC is running Win7 Pro and has DUAL monitor.

for example, i have firewall, chrome and Outlook. Outlook is maximized on the right monitor and the browsers are maximized on the left monitor. When i am using the computer, they are fine. But when I walk away and come back to it a while later, after i wake it up from screensaver, the browsers and outlook are shrinked to a small window, instead of maximized size.

It wasn't like this before and I didn't change anything on the screensaver. I had tried to update the driver on my graphic card, but it didn't help. I have another computer with dual monitor in office and it doesn't have this issue.

Anyone has any idea for the fix? Thanks

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did you try rebooting the computer ? Did you install any new programs ?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219690

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice