Program won't work after system restore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

78jimm

Hi there! My Arcsoft Total Media Suite came pre-installed on my windows 7 laptop.
To check if my System Restore worked i uninstalled this program and then restored the computer, but now when i click on the program icons in the start menu or the in My Computer an error window appears with nothing written on it but an ok button. The Total Media Theatre doesn't work nor does the WebCam Companion. They are both 3.0 versions.

78jimm

yes but the Arcsoft files came back in the C drive and in the Start menu

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Did you uninstall the two programs through the Windows 7 Programs and Features control panel?

cwwozniak

Chuck
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The combination of uninstalling the programs and using Windows System Restore should have resulted in the programs no longer existing on the computer. It is possible that the Arcsoft un-installer does not totally remove some parts of the program or leaves empty or nearly empty sub-directories. It may have left the program shortcut icons in some some Windows directory and the Windows Restore may have redisplayed them on the desktop.

Unless the computer has recovery discs or hard disc partition that permits re-installing the pre-installed programs, you may not be able to get the program back without totally restoring the hard drive contents to fresh from the factory conditions. This would wipe out all programs installed after you got the computer and all user files and documents.

78jimm

there is a recovery disc, and all the files of the program are there in the C drive; maybe there is a problem with the registry

Perhaps the version that came with your laptop was only trialware...expires after a few weeks and then you need to purchase a full version.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online