1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

ProgramData\microsoft/crypto trojan help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Shogs, Feb 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shogs

Shogs Thread Starter

I have Norton 360, SpyNoMore and Microsoft Security Ess.
    I have updated all definitions.
    I ran this Malicious Software Removal Tool | Protect Your Computer[/URL] for the correct 64bit system I have.
    Norton and MSE can't see or remove it.
    SpyNoMore can and seems to remove it.
    If I re-run SpyNoMore it doesn't find it but if I run it hours later, there it is again.

Here is a screen print showing you what I'm seeing.

It's causing system instability and BSOD issues.

Can you help me?

[​IMG]

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Never install more than one antivirus on a computer. They'll fight each other, will cause your computer to freeze, make it slower, and may even render your computer more vulnerable to malware. I would get rid of Norton without hesitation and keep Microsoft Security Essentials.

To remove Norton 360, run the Norton Removal Tool.

SpyNoMore is really not recommended and even questionable. You should replace it with the free version of Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware or SUPERAntiSpyware, or both. They come highly recommended on this forum.

Run a Quick Scan with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and have it delete whatever it finds. Then, please post back the text report from the scan in your next reply.

When all done,

Please click HERE to download and install HijackThis.

Run it and select Do a system scan and save a logfile from the Main Menu.

The log will be saved in Notepad. Copy and paste the log in your next reply.

IMPORTANT: Do not fix anything

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/980514

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice