Programmci.com fake spyware remover

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Morania

Just picked up a particualrly tricky bit of malware. It's phony anti-spyware. If you explore the scary warnings, it takes you to its home page, programmci.com, where you are asked to buy the fake securtiy software. I only found a little about it during searches. One blog has it up as a fresh post just today.
Any ideas on this one? Is it new?
I'm looking through the other posts and it seems like I'll have to push a number of fixes through and force a repair. It's one that won't let any of my exe files run.
I could easily just reformat this machine. It sits in the back room and uploads weather data. But i like to see if I can beat this stuff. I usually win.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online