1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Programming Language advice

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by Joe Hudson, May 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Joe Hudson

Joe Hudson Thread Starter

First Name:
    Joe
    I am looking for some advice on which languages to use for a test repository program I am trying to develop. The project plan is as follows:

User Input – Java Script, JQuery or JSON (Not sure if program will be web-based)

Pull-down from user input to data storage – PHP (I am open to some other ways to accomplish this)

Data Storage – MySQL, Access, Excel

Pull data from storage for flash card / test execution – PHP

Flash card execution – Not sure here

Test execution (Random question w/ multiple choice) – Not sure here

Overall program execution – Java, Python, C++/C

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

You mean an online exam program ?

3. Joe Hudson

First Name:
    Joe
    My goal was to have a standalone program where there is no cost involved. If I can place the program on a SharePoint site that would be great.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

I still have no idea what you want to write. Is it an online exam program . A 'Test repository' means nothing to me. A test is a test, and a repository is a database of some sort. For all I know, this could be drivers license database for the DMV ?

5. Joe Hudson

First Name:
    Joe
    The purpose of this program is so that the users can input and create their own test questions and answers. The plan is to have a program that executes from users desktop or laptop and not from a web site. View attachment 269963

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!