1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

programs and features not showing all programs

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by brainwave89, Apr 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. brainwave89

brainwave89 Thread Starter

Hello. I am running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. After removing PC Optimizer Pro and other stuff that re-directed my IE web browsing programs and features shows only five programs. I have well over 20 programs.
    sfc /scannow did see any problems.
    In REGEDIT under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall I just see these five programs.

What can I do so I view all of my programs?

Thank you for looking.

2. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

Having lost the uninstallers, other than reinstalling the programs, I don't see how you'll get back those registry entries.

3. brainwave89

brainwave89 Thread Starter

Thank you Phantom010.

I did a repair install using my Windows 7 disc and that didn't help. Yikes!

4. Phantom010

Phantom010 Trusted Advisor

It can't help since those programs were installed by you, and if not part of the operating system, it means you'll have to reinstall them.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1124030

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice