Programs aren't showing up on the installed programs list...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hope2011

I'm trying to download Microsoft Home & Student 2010 onto my HP Laptop. It gets halfway through the installation & then says that it can't finish because it found another version of Microsoft already on my computer. I checked my computer, but it doesn't have any Microsoft listed as being installed on my computer. How can I uninstall it, if it's not listed under the installed programs list?!?!

Ent

Josiah
Retired Trusted Advisor
A removal program that many here recommend is Recuva. It is available free here: http://www.piriform.com/recuva/download
Vicks
Say what? Recuva is a recovery program, for retrieving files that were accidentally deleted (explanation). It's not an uninstall or program removal tool of any sort.

Hope2011, Office is far too complex to try and remove with anything that doesn't know the intricacies of its install. I suggest that you look at this article by Microsoft as a guide. If anyone knows how to do it they should.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301
Let us know how you get along.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I'm trying to download Microsoft Home & Student 2010 onto my HP Laptop. It gets halfway through the installation & then says that it can't finish because it found another version of Microsoft already on my computer. I checked my computer, but it doesn't have any Microsoft listed as being installed on my computer.
I'm not exactly sure what you're doing.

You say you're trying to download Microsoft Office Home & Student 2010 and then you say it gets halfway through the installation process and stops because another version is supposedly in your computer.

It's impossible to be downloading it and installing it at the same time.

What site are you downloading it from?

------------------------------------------------------------------

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online