1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Programs cannot access internet.. PLZ help

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Necratis, May 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Necratis

Necratis Thread Starter

Hi everyone, my issue started yesterday when I randomly got a nasty adware installed while I was surfing. It was the kind that wont let you open programs by popping up saying " You have an adware threat and need to scan your system and buy our software to fix it". So i rebooted in safe mode with networking, scanned my computer with Malware Bytes, and it found the adware asap. Then i did full system scans with Avast antivirus, spyware doctor, full system cleanups and registry scans with Ccleaner and Glary Utilities.

When i booted my comp to normal, certain programs that would have an internet function before keep telling me "unable to access internet", example being Tversity used to have a web page on the program when you open it up, now it cant access the internet it seems. Firefox has no problem accessing the internet nor do my update features on my software. Also, my windows sidebar gadgets that access the internet such as Weather and Stock Data keep saying service unavailable. I have tried some fixes i read about through cmd prompt for the sidebar apps, but they do nothing. It seems to me that a firewall or something is blocking their connection, but i have Windows Firewall completely disabled, Windows Defender completely disabled, and I disabled Avast shields for the time being to see if that caused it. Can anyone please help me figure this problem out before i have to reformat. I have tried fixing the issue by reinstalling all my security software but to no avail.

Quick system specs: Asus P6T Deluxe V2, intel i7 920 OCed, Windows Vista SP2, Avast AV and Immunet Project Shield, I use OpenDNS for DNS servers but have tried switching back to ISP to see if it would fix the issue, but it did not

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    i would download a HJT and post a log, see my signature for a link to the program and then we will move the post to the malware section and see if you still have any of the virus/malware on the PC

3. Necratis

Necratis Thread Starter

Ok here is the log that i got from HijackThis. thanks for any help provided

Attached Files:

4. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    Thanks - The malware gurus prefer the log pasted into the post rather than an attachment , i will move for a guru to review - may take 48hrs for a reply

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice