1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Programs can't connect through linksys router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by JimZ, Sep 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JimZ

JimZ Thread Starter

Hello. I just got a Linksys router with 4-port switch. I have 2 computers hooked up to it. When ever i run a program such as kazaa, kazaa will connect to the internet for about 10 sec then my whole internet goes out. How do i fix this?

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Stop using Kazaa, the RIAA is looking for you already. :D

3. JimZ

JimZ Thread Starter

well, it happpens when ever i direct connect to AIM and stuff like that. There has to be some kind of setting to change to stop this from happening

4. JohnWill

I'd start by resetting the router back to factory defaults and starting again with the configuration. Also, check for any firmware updates for the router.

5. JimZ

JimZ Thread Starter

well i redid the configuration called up linsys they helped me out by i still had the problem. They said to take it back to the store. I will return my router and hopefully my problem will be gone.

6. JohnWill

FWIW, I had a D-Link DI-614+ that refused to work, I finally took it back and got a replacement, I'm typing through it now. :D It was simply defective, and I was just spinning my wheels...

7. JimZ

JimZ Thread Starter

Yeah. i took it back and got a new one now my router works fine , thanks for responding to my problem

8. JohnWill

Frequently, the most obvious solution is also the correct one. :D

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/166934

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice