1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Programs Closing too quickly

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Rokon, May 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rokon

Rokon Thread Starter

Hey fellas, Just wanted to see if any of you had a answer or know how fix this problem. When I open norton internet security it last for about 5-10 sec and closes....and thats it nothing more. This also happens in REGEDIT. Is there any system service I can turn on or off for this???? Can some one also explain why this is happening???thanks alot

Windows XP
    P4 3.0

2. Sponsor

3. Elvandil

Elvandil

See what the Event Viewer has to say (Control Panel, Admin Tools). You might find it easier if you right-click each of those logs and clear them before trying again and making an entry there. Less to sort through.

Sometimes, some popup stoppers mistake programs for internet popups. Try turning your off.

4. Rokon

Rokon Thread Starter

Still nothing man, like I said all I do is open the program and it shuts it down within the first few seconds. I have no internet security software what so ever. If any of you have any more suggestions let me know. Thanks

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Did the Event Viewer give any reason?

6. Rokon

Rokon Thread Starter

Just says Norton Internet Security Error....thats all and when you double click on it, it shows no services being used or doesnt give a user.....thats it

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

That would appear to be a Norton problem. I'd suggest either reinstalling the Norton apps, uninstalling and reinstalling (better), or at least running LiveUpdate (Is that what it's called?) to see if any program components have been updated by Symantec due to problems.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/232227