Programs deleting themselves? Egads!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

aussiedrongo

I'm using windows XP home edition. This problem started last night and I'm honestly stumped.

I'll open an .exe file, maybe... 2 seconds into running the program is shutdown, deleted and gone from the recycle bin without a trace. I've tried several programs like PCBugDoctor and others for help, but everytime I open the installer, WHAM, it's deleted and gone. I've performed a virus scan with Norton and came with nothing, any ideas?

What about in safe mode? (tap F8 during boot)

Can you use the task manager CTRL+ALT+DEL, if so can you list the EXACT programs that are running?

aussiedrongo

Programs that are running;

FireFox (this site)
Evidence Eliminator

Processes that are running(that seem odd) ;

jhp2rw2krgpjsr.exe x2
Ee.exe
ccapp.exe
NAVAPSVC.exe
wuauclt.exe
keyhook.exe

note: I tried ending the first processes but that came back.

It seems odd because it's not all programs that it's deleting.
Example; I open firefox and it works. However, I try open a .rar file and the next thing the winrar program has vanished.

It has also deleted;

Limewire
Winamp
Infan view
PCBugDoctor installation file
I tried to re-use the winamp installation file and that got whopped too.

Programs it hasn't deleted;
mIRC
FireFox
IE

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online