programs i don't want

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AmazingPlaid

i have windows 98, and i run IExplorer 6.0 ... anyway, i don't know what's happening, but every couple of days, i keep finding this mysterious software on my computer. i don't download it, and when i find it, i delete it and get it off the computer. some of these programs are 'WeatherCast', 'Downloadware', and 'Scratchers'. It's getting very troublesome and when it starts running, it slows everything down. Thanks for any help.

ryan.

Hi AmazingPlaid

If you post your startup list we may be able to spot something

Please post your startup list by doing the following :-

Please go here and download startuplist 1.51 :-

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

Download to any folder or your desktop
Unzip the zipfile
Double click the exe file
go to Edit - select all - copy - and paste the results in a new post here

steam

Something else you want to do is go download AdAware and/or SpyBot!

Those will or should remove all the garbage that causes that stuff to re-appear!

Although keep in mind, you'll need to watch what you download and where you surf to!

AmazingPlaid

hey guys, thanks. i can't copy and past the spybot start-up menu (it won't let me highlight all), but anyway, this should give me everything i need to clean up my computer. thanks again.

ryan.

Right click - select all ?

Click and hold down the left mouse button an move the curser fom top to bottom of page ?

When highlighted "copy" then open a new post and paste here

There may be something you should do before running spybot

steam

Del

When you said you delete the programs, I hope you mean Control Panel > Add/Remove and uninstall it that way.

AmazingPlaid

ok ... first off, all off the programs i uninstalled were uninstalled properly, secondly, i tried highlighting everything numerous different ways, and nothing worked ... i do have a new question though ... i have numerous 'bad' files that i found using Spybot, that have file paths, such as "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\...." Where do I find these files?

thanks a bunch

ryan.

Del

HKEY_Local Machine is in your registry.
Start > Run , type regedit and click ok.
Be very careful there as you can kill your puter if you delete the wrong thing..
Some software puts keys in your registry and spybot can delete them.

They have all been found for you. That is what spybot can do for you. Spybot will remove them for you. All red items should be checked and fixed using the fix selected problems button.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online