1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Programs loading slowly from My Docs

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by calle, Jan 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. calle

calle Thread Starter

I am using Windows ME at work and it is a pretty fast system. Just yesterday it started having a problem where it takes it a very long time to load a document into MS Word when I try and open it from My Docs. If I open the Word program and then open the document from inside the program, it has no problem. It is only when I try and open it from My Docs.

I did a system restore but this did not solve the problem.

Any tips?

Thanks... Calle

2. Corrosive

Corrosive

When you doubleclick the icon in My Documents, it has to open Word as well as you're file, right? If Word is already open, it's obviously just opening your document, and is therefore faster.

If this is not the case, just remember that there is no "suddenly" in PC tech support; if something has started happening, something has changed and, overwhelmingly, this change is caused by you meddling with the system. If you've installed any new software or changed any Control Panel settings, this may have an effect on Word.

3. MadDogMugsy

MadDogMugsy Guest

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115953

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice