1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Programs not closing

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sssand, May 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sssand

sssand Thread Starter

Some programs (currently hl.exe is doing it :/) are just not closing right. I end them with task manager and they dissappear from everywhere but Task manager, where they stay no matter how many times i click end process. I tried through command prompt, it said it terminated the process, but it just stays in the task manager process list. I also tried through EndItAll, which told me it didn't have permission to kill the program.

Im currently using XP SP2...

2. terryxp

terryxp

hl.exe is a half life executable. Go into your options in the game and see if there is an option to enable/disable auto updates etc.. make sure all options for things relating to HL running at startup are disabled... it could just be memory leak, are you current with all patches/updates for your game?

3. sssand

sssand Thread Starter

It's not the games fault, so to speak. It's happening with alot of programs. Not every time i close them though. If a process is not responding and i end it via task manager, it refuses to dissappear from the process list.. Its getting really annoying :(

4. sssand

sssand Thread Starter

Noone else having this problem? :(

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!