Programs "not responding"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

klaassen

I run MS Windows XP Home ed. , MS Office 2000.
Frequently I receive a message in MS Word, MS Excel etc "program not responding" This disappears after a while and the program runs alright.
MS gave me the following solution: downloading a patch from www.windows-patch.info
This comes at a price of almost US$20.
Any free solution? I don't think I should have to pay!!!!!

Jacques

klaassen

Thanks for your reply buddhafabio. Downloaded several patches/options on the site, not knowing exactly which one applies. Only xp gold servive pack 1 patch for windows xp seems to be excepted (32) hasn't improved the working though. Any other ideas?
Jacques

klaassen

Update: first downloaded your recommanded patch in "open" mode, this did not work. Later downloaded same in "save" mode and opened/executed later. This seemed to have worked, haven't had problems since. Thank you buddhafabio!!!!!

Jacques

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online