Programs stopped working for no apparent reason

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

luckynot

Hi to you kind persons who are willing to help uninformed people like me.

This is for a Dell Dimension XPS 410 with Vista home premium PC, about a year old-- and yes my one year on-site warranty expired just recently in April. Perfect.

A week ago I got this message upon start-up:

Run DLL

Error loading

C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MP3PLUGIN.DLL in a exception box.

I would just click OK, it went away and nothing seemed wrong.

A few days ago got: Executable for Solitaire game has stopped working. A problem has caused the program to stop working and windows will notify you if there is a solution. Windows did not notify me. my 14 year daughter is distraught without this game. Whines. A lot.

Today got: On access Scaner Service has stopped working. Specified module could not be found. I don't know what program this is.

Also got: Support Soft cmd has stopped working. unknown too

And got: McAcafee Spamkiller agent application has stopped working.
Went to McAfee site and got diagnostic run and McAcafee Spamkiller agent application is now working.

Went to microsft and had hour + long major virus scan done on PC and of course nothing was found. Mcafee ran today at 1AM and nothing was found.

Has any one experienced these issues who would kindly share their expertise??

Thanks, and hope to hear from you.

Best regards,

Luckynot

luckynot

Hi tacoman359:

Thanks for your insight. I bought and installed and ran MalwareRemovalBOT which showed 361 problems which were removed. Unfortunately this did not resolve my problem. I still get the

Run DLL

Error loading

C:\PROGRA~1\MYWEBS~1\bar\1.bin\MP3PLUGIN.DLL in a exception box. Module not loading when i start up the PC.

I do not know if the the other 2 issues were resolved.

Since I have a windows disc, can I just reload the solitaire game, or would starting the windows disc remove the original installation and every thing on my PC?

I appreciate your insight and help.

Thanks,

luckynot

luckynot

Hi tacoman359:

I ran Spybot Search and Destroy and it fixed the DLL exception box issue. Still cannot get Solitaire to run. Bought MalwareRemovalBOT for 40 bucks and ran that to no avail. You say this is a malware itself? Should I uninstall it?

Thanks

luckynot

Well Spybot is still a great removal tool, but to me it seems like it's made for the more popular malware and it also seems like it doesn't use any type of heuristics to find the virus. In my opinion, it's still the best, but I do occasionally use SuperAntiSpyware, and some others too.

luckynot

Hi tacoman359 and Rich-M:

Ran the SuperAntiSpyware and dopey solitaire still has the executable for solitaire has stopped issue. MalwareRemovalBOT is advertised on this site which is why I bought it and ran it. I will remove it and just not pay the 39.95 bill when it comes, saying I was displeased with its results.

Thank you both your time and insights, and any other suggestions to stop the whining 14 year old on solitaire will be gratefully accepted.

Best regards,

luckynot

Keep your eyee on updates for Superantispyware...you can buy it for a lifetime for $19.99 and then run it in the background and set auto update and schedule auto scans.

luckynot

Hi Rich-M

Thanks for your help.

I just found out all games have the same executable has stopped working for chess titans, hearts, mineswepper, etc as well as solitaire. I always play chess titans and now i'm concerned too.

DELETED MalwareRemoval Bot and am at a loss as to what to do next? any suggestions?? Besides shooting it?

Thanks.

luckynot

luckynot

Hi Rich-M

I don't know what you mean. Insert the reinstallation Vista operating system DVD already installed? If I do that, won't it eliminate every thing on my computer? Is there a special repair section that I can boot up on the DVD without having to Backup entire C drive for programs and data first?

Forgive my ignorance. I just don't want to make things worse.

Thanks for your patience and insight.

luckynot

I would always back up what's important first as no one can guaranty anything but yes if you boot to the dvd, scroll down and you will note "repair" options.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online