1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

programs stopped working in windows 7

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by aje127, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. aje127

aje127 Thread Starter

I have had windows 7 for a few months now and have had problems that I could call support for. Now that I can no longer get support, I have 2 programs that have stopped working. "a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available." yeah, like that will happen.
    I have already deleted both programs and reinstalled one. and I still get the same error. Can someone please help me or should I just pay the $$$ to get windows help.
    aje

2. Bernardo

Bernardo

What two programs "stopped working" ?

3. aje127

aje127 Thread Starter

Hey Bernardo, thanks for the quick reply, one program was AutoCad 2010, the other was my Hallmark Card studio 2008. they both worked a couple of weeks ago. As far as I know, I have not made any changes to my computer. and I am the only one that uses it. I reinstalled the hallmark and got the same error. It takes about 4 hours to download and install the autocad so I am waiting on that one.

4. Bernardo

Bernardo

AutoCad 2010 is VERY expensive. I'm "assuming" this is a legally purchased copy that all of a sudden "stopped working" ?

Especially, since you say, it takes 4 hours to "download" ;)

5. -Fabez-

-Fabez-

If they are legit programs, make sure they are compatible with Windows 7 and you have all of the prerequisite to run them. If they are "alternately acquired", then the rules state that we cannot help you with such programs. However they could have been infected with malicious components or code.

6. aje127

aje127 Thread Starter

Have no fear, I am a student and the autocad I have is free from the autodesk website. (you have to have a college email in order to get it). When I first downloaded Windows 7 I had problems with these two programs. I was able to call windows and they fixed it for me. Now that my free tech service has expired, mysteriously I am having the same problem with the same programs......They took over my computer and fixed the issue so I don't know what they did.

7. unbidden

unbidden

8. aje127

aje127 Thread Starter

No, I am running Trend

9. unbidden

unbidden

Turn it off, unplugg from the internet, see if the issues still remain.

10. aje127

aje127 Thread Starter

Hey everybody, I want to thank you all for all your input. My programs are running again. I redownloaded my CAD and its working now....? I don't get it. I reinstalled my Hallmark card program too and at first it did not work but it seems to be ok now. I have no idea what changed. Thanks to all.
    Aje

11. unbidden

unbidden

Make note of the programs reinstall; if things go south again check to see if any Microsoft or other manufacturer updates were auto installed. Wouldn't be the first time a MS hotfix screwed up a given program.

12. aje127

aje127 Thread Starter

Good info. Thanks I'll do that.

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/909376

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice