1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Programs taking too long to execute.

Discussion in 'Windows 8' started by thegaminggamer, May 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thegaminggamer

thegaminggamer Thread Starter

When I bought my laptop it originally came with Windows 7 and it worked fine, when Windows 8 launched I upgraded to it and it too worked fine, that is until a couple days ago that I decided to give this PC a refreshing Windows 8 clean reinstall. After the reinstall I could not get Windows to shutdown or restart, I turned off fast boot and it helped. A little. I was finaly able to shutdown windows, however it takes forever (2-3mins to even start the process). Then I started noticing some programs just dont load, when I try opening programs like itunes or spotify they don't seem to start, they just hang. They eventually start 5-10 minutes later and the programs aren't slow once they start. There seems to be an issue with the execution part of it. I don't have that issue with some programs like chrome or firefox, this computer is virtually clean I know something is wrong with this computer, any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

The following advice is not always accurate since eachmachine varies depending on the type of Laptop you bought and from whichCompany so here it goes for what it is worth and may be applicable in yourcase:

When one buys a Laptop (or desktop) which in your case itcame with Windows 7 and you now do a Fresh Install of Windows 8 one must makesure to download and install updated Windows drivers for thatmachine.

So if you have done so already then forget this suggestion,if not, give it a try and sees if it helps to speed up things for you.

Good luck

Ray

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

Try re-installing the applications that give trouble.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1099719

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice