Programs - taskbar list

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bobbee

Some programs don't show up when selecting start-programs.

With Win95/98 if you select .....start-settings-taskbar-advanced
you can click on programs and see the entire list
of installed programs.

Going to the same location with xp displays more of an explorer window. If I search for awhile I can usually find the program.

Is there a way to set it up like Win95/98 ?

I am probably missing something obvious.

cright click the start button and select classic view. That will change it back to the view you are use to.

Steve

Also, I don't know about Xp (I sure it is the same) but for Me things you haven't used often are hidden from your start menu. To see them either hold your cursor over it for a few seconds or click on the arrow at the bottom.

bobbee

With Win95/98 if you select .....start-settings-taskbar-advanced & click on programs and you have start menu with programs underneath. Click on programs and all the program folders appear.

With XP if you select-settings-start-classic-customize-advance then the display is desktop-drive list. Select C drive and the programs folder for a display of MOST of the programs.

Likewise if I select start - programs then the programs that are not in C:\programs are not displayed.

Some of the programs not diplayed are common,
Microsoft Visual Studio, etc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online