1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Programs That Won't Uninstall

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BML, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BML

BML Thread Starter

I had installed a couple different versions of a program on my computer and wanted to delete (uninstall) one of them. So, I used the windows add/remove programs box. Well, it deleted the wrong version. I can re-install it but the other version will not remove. I ran Norton's WinDoctor which usually detects remnants of old programs but that did not help. I even went into regedit and searched for strings of the name of the program and deleted them. I was able to manually delete the folder on which this progrm was installed to, but in the add/remove dialog box list of installed programs it still shows this program, except that the option on the right that says "remove/repair" is gone - blank!

How do I get this off my list for good?

2. mtbird

mtbird

Go back into regedit and navigate to .....
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    MICROSOFT
    WINDOWS
    CURRENTVERSION
    UNINSTALL
    Scroll down to the program you want to remove. Right click on the entry and click delete.

Debe

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!