Programs That Won't Uninstall

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BML

I had installed a couple different versions of a program on my computer and wanted to delete (uninstall) one of them. So, I used the windows add/remove programs box. Well, it deleted the wrong version. I can re-install it but the other version will not remove. I ran Norton's WinDoctor which usually detects remnants of old programs but that did not help. I even went into regedit and searched for strings of the name of the program and deleted them. I was able to manually delete the folder on which this progrm was installed to, but in the add/remove dialog box list of installed programs it still shows this program, except that the option on the right that says "remove/repair" is gone - blank!

How do I get this off my list for good?

Go back into regedit and navigate to .....
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
SOFTWARE
MICROSOFT
WINDOWS
CURRENTVERSION
UNINSTALL
Scroll down to the program you want to remove. Right click on the entry and click delete.

Debe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online