1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Programs/Windows Disappear

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by halcour, Apr 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

I'm having a bizarre problem. When I open some programs or windows, there will be flash on the screen for a second and then the window will disappear, as if the program is opening/closing in a flash. So far this happens w/Acronis True Image and the Screen Saver Display box and a couple of other programs. Looking at Task Manager, the programs do not appear to be running after this happens. I've not installed SP1 yet. What the heck is going on?

Thanks,
    Harold

2. halcour

halcour Thread Starter

Well, never mind for now. The thread should be re-titled "Vista Goes Nuts". I closed Firefox and when I tried to re-open it, "Firefox.exe" had completely disappeared from my hd. When I opened MS Word it had to go thru a whole bunch of rigmarole as if it was being opened and setup for the first time. I tried to print, the screen went blank as if my blank screen-saver was on, but w/the cursor showing, and would not come back. I rebooted, the printing went thru but the screen/cursor remained the same.

According to AVG I'm virus-free. I wiped the drive and restored an image from Acronis from a couple of wks ago. We'll see how it goes.

Harold

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/701820

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice