Programs won't open, Windows won't shutdown

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JFSnowboard

Ok. When I start up my computer, everything's fine. afeter a while, when i go to open a prgogram, like Internet Explorer, an error message pops up. It says "Insuffecient System Resources Exist to comlete the requested service". Then i have to restart my computer to be able to run anything.
When I go to shutdown my computer, and error message reading "MODSCONF.EXE - DLL INITIALIZATION FAILED" pops up. When i press "ok" another pops up reading "FXDXSSVC.EXE - DLL INITIALIZATION FAILED". Then, when i press ok on that one, the MODSCONF one pops up, and the whole thing repeats itself. So i have to hold the power button to shut it down.
Thank you.

well the description seems to remind me of a problem a freind had a while back it was to do with a virus, well it seemd to stop occoring after a spyware and virus scan

JFSnowboard

alright, i'll try scanning with norton...hopefully that will help. i'm not sure if it does spyware, though...Thanks

norton is no good with spyware try a free app such as spybot search and destroy which can be downloaded from the net

JFSnowboard

ok, i got Spyware Doctor...it's scanning right now, and it says there's 711 infections! Thank you, i hope it helps.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online