1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Progs won't close cleanly

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MickinDevon, Sep 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MickinDevon

MickinDevon Thread Starter

Hi, no big deal but for some reason some of my programs (games, sims, paint etc) won't close cleanly any more but they were okay before I installed a printer last week.
    I click on 'Exit' as usual to get out of the progs but two messages come up in quick succession with a beep- "Error:unhandled exception" and "Application error, click OK to exit", accompanied by a string of meaningless numbers.
    Clicking the OK closes the progs alright but it's still a minor hassle, plus it could indicate an underlying fault that needs to be investigated, what do you think?
    It started when I installed the printer (which works fine), so something must have happened, it's too much to be coincidence.
    I'm WinXPHome,not too PC-literate

2. johnebadbak

johnebadbak

if you have had windows updates auto install recently these may have caused problems with your applications its not usual for several applications not close on exit.

these updates should be in add/remove programs..in control panel

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!