1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

projection tv problem

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (Not Computer-Related)' started by drewambs, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drewambs

drewambs Thread Starter

I have a Panasonic projection TV model number PT-56TW53. When I press the power button it turns on for only about 5 seconds and then turns off and the LED light next to the power button flashes 3 times repeatedly. It will not turn back on unless I unplug it and then it does the same as described earlier. Could anyone please help me with what the problem could possibly be??

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

The 3 flashes will be the code for the error.

What you need to do is locate the service manual to determine what that cause is.

However, sometimes (often, actually) errors can be the result of a chain ove issues, so to even begin to DIY you need a source of spares as well as the manual, plus some good test gear.

I would suggest a call to the local service agent, tell them the error code and ask what the estimate for a repair would be. They should know both the code and the possible causes.

Unless you have the skills and gear, doing it yourself is not viable in most cases.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/595173

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice