1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Projector not recognizing the Nvidia dual screen through and HDMI uga usb 2 adapter

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by julbabe_s, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. julbabe_s

julbabe_s Thread Starter

I run a laptop and projector for my church. We have a Sony VAIO AR520 powerhouse media laptop with Windows Vista. It was originally hooked up through the corresponding HDMI port to our VPL-AW15 Sony Projector but sony has replaced the port once and it quit again. We switched to the vga hookup but because it is analog and not digital, it won't allow us to play our church videos. We bought a UGA adapter usb 2. When we hook up the HDMI adapter and change the VPL-AW15 Sony projector back to the hdmi screen, the projector doesn't talk to the laptop and switch the NVIDIA to a dual screen. I am not able to manually switch it to a dual screen, thus we have no picture on the projector. Before the HDMI port went bad, all we had to do was turn on the projector first and then switch on the laptop and it automatically detected the dual setting and brought up the dual screen for our media shout programming. I have exhausted all the things I know to try so if anyone has ideas please I can use the help. Thanks in advance and God Bless!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/973922

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice